|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Dmedia is always looking for experienced Android application developers to help us grow our portfolio of mobile apps. As a proud member of this team, you will be working with fantastic technical leads, great partners in product management and UX (interaction and design) and together create elegant products on world-class technologies.|
Check us out at: www.dmedia.com
|Duties:||• Develop and code using best practices for Android applications|
• Optimize UI and application code for efficiency, reusability and performance
• Work from UI/UX requirements and mockups to build functional, intuitive, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps without compromising simplicity or elegance
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Integrate with existing modules and work with external APIs to manage data handling
• Work with 3rd party APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and others.
• Collaborate with all team members to help develop the vision for new products, providing creative and technical insight throughout the project
• Work with User Interface Designers to optimize usability
• Create and maintain technical design documentation for new features and applications
|Qualifications:||• Portfolio of previous Apps in the Android marketplace|
• B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years of overall software development experience, and 2+ years with Android software development. Experience with iOS a plus.
• 3+ years of object-oriented software development experience, knowledge of OOP techniques, and Design Patterns
• Strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK, JSON , XML, and RESTful services
• Extensive experience with test-driven development, Git or similar version control system, and IDE such as Eclipse or Android Studio
• Experience with multi-threading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
• Passion for analyzing and improving run-time efficiency and memory footprint
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
• Experience building production software and integrating mobile apps with web services
• Must have experience of development with social network APIs such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Youtube
• Experience of collaborating with minimal supervision
• Extensive hands-on experience of creating custom UI controls, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, and performance optimization
• Understanding of the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors
We build great mobile apps that promote social engagement and encourage local exploration. From live concert schedules to offers from your favorite brands; we intuitively deliver the best and most relevant information in a manner that is convenient and easy to share with others.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.